- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 whole pita bread, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 whole unblanched almonds, toasted
In serving bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, cilantro and onion. In small bowl, whisk lemon juice,oil, lemon peel, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Add pita bread and almonds; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!