- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (1.59-oz.) pkg. freezer jam fruit pectin
- 2 cups diced, crushed mango
- 2 green jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper (or Serrano) seeded and finely diced
- 4 (8 oz.) plastic freezer jars
Stir sugar and contents of pectin package in a bowl until well blended.
Add mango and peppers. Stir 3 minutes. Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
NOTE: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned. Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!