- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups white wine
- 8 cups chicken stock (use vegetable stock to make vegetarian)
- 4 cups basmati rice
- 8 Granny Smith apples, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large thick-bottomed pot, heat oil on high. Add onion, peppers and maple syrup; sweat for about 7 minutes.
- Lower heat, add wine and deglaze the pot. Reduce until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Add apples and mix gently. Serve warm.