- 1 16-ounce bag dried navy beans, soaked overnight and drained
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup cubed salt pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup from Canada
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large, ovenproof pot, add beans and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add pork, onion, maple syrup, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and transfer to oven. Cook 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Remove lid. Cook another 45 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!