- cooking spray
- 1 cup (4 oz.) day-old French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 to 4.5 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 (about 2 oz.) chopped black olives
- 1 cup (about 1 oz.) green onions with tops, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend
Preheat oven to 400°. Evenly coat 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with spray. Line bottom of dish with bread cubes. Sprinkle with cheese, chilies, olives and onions. In large bowl, beat together eggs, milk and seasoning. Pour over bread. Let stand 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!