Mexican Taco Bowl
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head Iceberg or Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 cup corn, canned or fresh, cooked and cooled
- 1 (15 oz. can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 2 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Sour cream, hot sauce, taco sauce, yellow corn
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and sauté until clear.
- Add meat and sauté until browned. Drain excess fat, if necessary.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring as needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
- Distribute lettuce evenly into bowls. Warm the taco meat, rice, corn and beans; distribute into bowls.
- Use toppings as desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!