- 4 ozs. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, but at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 (18.25 oz.) box chocolate devil’s food cake mix
- 2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 s powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (21 oz.) can extra-fruit cherry pie filling, drained
Preheat oven to 350°. Line mini-muffin pans with papers.
Bottom: Cream 4 ozs. cream cheese, 1 egg and butter together on low speed until combined, about 1 minute. Blend in cake mix by hand until combined. It will be very thick, but pliable like a soft dough. Press 1 teaspoon mix into bottom of each mini-muffin paper.
Topping: Place cream cheese, 3 eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla in small bowl. Begin mixing on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Increase to medium speed and beat until smooth, at least 3 minutes or longer if need be. Drop about 1/2 tablespoon of mix into each muffin cup over chocolate base. Press one drained cherry into filling in each muffin.
Bake at 350° 15 minutes. Cool completely before serving. Makes about 6 to 7 dozen mini cheesecakes.