- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Additional ingredients:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Divide into three batches; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 3 batches (9 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and molasses; mix well.
- Add 3 cups cookie mix; beat until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are firm and the surface cracks.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Yield: about 4 dozen per batch.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!