Mushrooms and Butternut Squash Bowl
- 8 oz. dried soba noodles
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled, and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions; set aside. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spread squash in a shallow baking dish. Toss in two tablespoons oil to coat. Roast 15 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms; roast 5 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Add spinach and green onions; toss to lightly wilt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, the ginger, sriracha and honey.
- Remove vegetables from oven and drizzle on sauce, toss to coat. Serve over noodles.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!