Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
- 10 small purple potatoes, quartered
- 10 small Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp. stone-ground mustard
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Tbsp. each minced fresh basil, dill and parsley
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Place all potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle potatoes with stock and wine; toss gently, allowing liquids to absorb.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegars, mustards, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Add vinaigrette, vegetables, bacon and herbs to potato mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!