- 2 lbs. medium pickling cucumbers or zucchini
- 1 (1 lb.) head cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1/3 s sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
Cut cucumbers into 1/2-inch chunks or 1/4-inch slices; measure 6 cups. Pack cucumbers and cauliflower into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. In saucepan mix remaining ingredients and 1 1/3 cups water. Bring to boil. Pour hot liquid over vegetables, leaving the 1/2-inch headspace. (Liquid will be cloudy because of the mustard.) Adjust lids. Process in boiling water canner 10 minutes. Makes 5 pints.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!