- 1-1/2 pounds dry navy beans (3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 additional cup water
- 2 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 lb. salt pork, ground or diced
- Cook dry beans in water until softened.
- (See top of page) Drain and put into slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on Low 10 to 12 hours. (High: 4 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.)
- Beans should be soft before mixing with sugar or molasses.