- 4 medium tart apples, like Granny Smith
- 1/2 honey
- juice of one lemon; reserve rind and grate
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 stick sweet butter, softened
- 3/4 whole oats cereal (like Grape Nuts, Honey Bunches of Oats, Kashi or granola)
- 1/2 raisins, craisins or other favorite dried fruit
- non-stick cooking spray
Grease inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Core, peel and cut up apples. Place in cooker with honey, lemon juice, rind, fruit and cinnamon. Combine cereal and butter and add to rest of ingredients. Cover and cook 5 to 6 hours on low (2 to 3 hours on high). Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or caramel sauce, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!