- 2 lbs. boneless leg of lamb
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons crushed black pepper
- 1/4 paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 s water
- 1 Worcestershire sauce
- Spicy Tzatziki Sauce:
- 6 ozs. sour cream
- 1/4 cream cheese
- 1 cucumber, skinned, diced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
With sharp knife, make about 10 incisions into lamb roast 1 to 2 inches deep. Press garlic cloves into holes. Combine brown sugar, salt, black pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, rosemary, garlic and lemon; rub onto lamb leg. Refrigerate lamb up to 4 hours. Heat cast iron skillet with vegetable oil. Sear lamb on all sides until evenly browned. Place lamb in baking dish or crock pot. Combine water and Worcestershire sauce. Pour into hot skillet and deglaze pan. Pour over lamb and cover. Roast in oven at 250° or in crock pot about 4 to 6 hours. When meat is fully cooked, shred it with fork and let it sit in the juices.
Spicy Tzatziki Sauce:
Cream together sour cream and cream cheese. Fold in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until needed. To serve, place shredded lamb on hard roll with lettuce, sliced tomato and onion, and Spicy Tzatziki sauce. Sprinkle with Feta cheese.
Mark Bittler, Chef
Park Vista Retirement Community
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!