- 1 cup liive oil 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 t. hot pepper flakes
- 1 T. fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1 t. dried
- ½ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium firm, ripe, tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 T. tomato paste ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pound penne pasta ½ pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add green onions and cook, stirring, until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, hot pepper flakes, oregano, and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, until peppers are soft.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add shrimp and cook until they are no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they release their juices.
- Add chicken broth and tomato paste and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Set aside and keep warm in oven.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and 1 t. salt. Stir and cook until firm to the bite about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over top. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!