- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 4 slices day-old bread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
- Fresh fruit OR spreadable fruit, optional
- BEAT eggs and milk in shallow dish until blended.
- SOAK 1 bread slice at a time in egg mixture, turning once;
- DIP each slice into peanuts to coat both sides.
- COAT large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; HEAT over medium heat until hot.
- PLACE 2 bread slices in skillet.
- COOK over medium to medium-low heat until golden brown and no visible liquid egg remains, 2 to 3 minutes per side.ADJUST HEAT as necessary so that peanuts do not burn.
- CLEAN skillet. REPEAT to cook remaining bread.
- SERVE with fruit, if desired.