- 1 cup butter plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped, fresh peaches
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle pan with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Cream remaining butter; gradually add remaining sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine 2 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended.
- Dredge peaches with remaining 1/4 cup flour.
- Fold peaches into batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325º for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!