- 1 loaf of sourdough bread (around 26 ounces)
- 1 jar (6.25 ounces) ready-made pesto
- 3 ounces grated gruyere or swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set bread loaf on top of large sheet of aluminum foil. Cut top of bread diagonally into 1 inch diamonds, but do not cut bread through to bottom.
- Gently part bread cubes with fingers and spread pesto around each cube. If you have any leftover pesto, spread it on top of bread loaf. Tuck gruyere cheese between cubes. Brush butter over entire loaf of bread and then drizzle remaining butter over entire loaf so that it runs between slices. Pinch coarse salt between your thumb and three fingers; sprinkle over top of loaf.
- Cover bread with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and air is fragrant with pesto. Serve warm, with dipping sauce if you desire.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!