- 1 stick salted butter
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 1 ½ quarts strawberry ice cream
- Line a 8×8 inch metal pan with parchment paper. Measure the rice cereal to a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. It will foam after it melts then turn a light brown color and smell nutty. Remove from heat once it’s brown and add in marshmallows, vanilla extract, and salt. Continue stirring until the marshmallows are melted.
- Add the rice cereal to the pot and stir until combined. Add the sprinkles and stir to mix. Once combined with the marshmallows, add half of the mixture to the prepared baking pan. Use parchment sprayed with nonstick spray to push down on the mixture to make a nice even layer.
- Scoop the ice cream on top of the layer and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Working quickly, add the remaining rice cereal mixture and again press down with parchment to make an even smooth layer.
- Place in the freezer for 6 hours, or until firm.
- Remove the crispy rice cereal square from the pan. Place on a cutting board and use a long sharp knife to cut into 9 squares.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!