- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (3 oz.) jar pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1/2 raisins
- hot cooked yellow rice
saute onion, pepper and garlic in hot oil in skillet until tender. Add beef. Cook until browned; stir to crumble. Drain. Add salt and next 8 ingredients; stir well. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes; stir occasionally. Serve over rice.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!