- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ground pepper to taste
- 2 s pineapple chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- peanut oil
To make basting sauce, in small bowl whisk together honey, 2 tablespoons each lime juice and soy sauce until smooth. Sprinkle chicken pieces with remaining 1 tablespoon each lime juice and soy sauce. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread chicken, pineapple, red pepper and onion alternately on 12 (6 to 7-inch) wooden skewers. Discard any marinade. Brush lightly with peanut oil. Grill 10 to 15 minutes, turning to cook all sides. Brush with basting sauce the last 5 to 10 minutes. Serve any remaining sauce over kabobs.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!