- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 oz each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
In large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, pizza sauce and tomato paste. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings. If you?d like, substitute 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage for the pepperoni in Pizza in a Pot. Cook it along with the ground beef, green pepper and onion.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!