- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
In large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides. Transfer meat and drippings to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine onion, celery, soy sauce, sugar, salt, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until meat is tender.
Add green peppers, tomato sauce, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and mushrooms; cover and cook on low 1 hour longer.
In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with rice. Serves 8.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!