- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add the oil, sugar, baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 13-inch circle.
- Transfer to a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Build up edges slightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Combine chicken and barbecue sauce; spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with green pepper and cheese.
- Grill, covered, 5-10 minutes longer or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!