- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, parsley, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Combine the rice and cottage cheese; spoon half into a greased 11-inch by 7-inch baking dish.
- Top with half of the meat mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!