submitted by Sandy C.
- 3 lg. potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 can cream-style corn, 14 oz.
- 1 can evaporated milk, 12-oz.
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2-1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 slices crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, broth, carrots, celery and onion; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper; cook until heated through.
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces before serving.
This is a winter time staple in our home.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!