- 3 cups cold water
- 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 large or 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large saucepan, bring water, potatoes, salt and pepper to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender.
- Cool. Puree in a blender until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan.
- Stir in the cream, milk, onion and cucumber.
- Add additional milk if soup is too thick.
- Cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Season with dill.