- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sour cream, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Melt the remaining butter; place in a large bowl.
- Add ice cream; stir to blend.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in the remaining vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, cracker crumbs, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into ice cream mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan.
- Drizzle with half of the sauce.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Add pecans to remaining sauce; spoon over warm cake (sauce will not cover cake completely).
- Cool cake in pan.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!