- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 med. shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 8 oz. penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are crispy, about 5 minutes. Add sage and cook for 30 seconds, being careful not to let sage burn.
- Remove mixture to a paper towel-lined tray. Add milk, half-and-half, pumpkin, salt, pepper and chili powder to the same pan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until a smooth, creamy sauce forms, about 2 minutes. Cook until thoroughly heated through.
- Divide cooked pasta amongst four plates. Top with pumpkin sauce and sprinkle reserved shallot mixture on top.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!