- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 15 oz. can canned pure pumpkin, not pie filling
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and pumpkin together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Gradually stir in the evaporated milk.
- Carefully pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 F for for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes longer, or until the pie is set.
- Check for doneness by giving the pie a gentle wiggle. The center may jiggle just a tiny bit. It will continue to set up as it cools. Or, it is done when a sharp knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Serve with whipped cream and caramel pecan topping, if desired.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!