Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1 5 lb. turkey breast, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1½ tsp. fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1½ tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Let the turkey stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray. Spread lemon slices into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, thyme, sage and rosemary.
- Dry turkey thoroughly with paper towels. Using your fingers, carefully loosen the skin from the breast meat, spreading half of the butter mixture under the skin. Secure skin over the butter with wooden picks.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on top of the lemon slices. Spread remaining half of the butter mixture over the turkey; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place into the oven and bake until the turkey is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 F, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Let stand 20 minutes before carving. Serve with gravy.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!