- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups thawed whipped topping
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 15x10x 1-inch pan with cooking spray; line with waxed paper.
- Spray waxed paper with additional cooking spray; dust with flour.
- Sprinkle clean towel with 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Mix flour, spice, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with mixer on high speed until thickened.
- Add pumpkin; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
- Spread onto bottom of prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake 15 min. or until top of cake springs back when touched in center.
- Immediately invert cake onto towel; remove pan.
- Carefully peel off paper.
- Starting at one short side, roll up cake and towel together.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add whipped topping; mix well.
- Carefully unroll cake; remove towel.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Reroll cake; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Unwrap and sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar just before serving.
One 15-oz. can pumpkin contains enough pumpkin for 2 Pumpkin Spice Rolls.
- Use entire can to bake 2 cakes.
- Use 1 to prepare dessert now; wrap second cake and freeze up to 1 month for later use.
- When ready to prepare second dessert, thaw cake overnight in refrigerator.
- Prepare cream cheese filling; spread over cake.
- Continue as directed.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!