- 1 1/4 lb. ground beef
- 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- Salt & pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- In small cup, using a fork, mix butter and flour to form a creamy paste. (This forms a special roux that will thicken the stroganoff perfectly. Can slightly soften butter in microwave first.)
- In large skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, onions, and garlic until beef is browned and mushrooms are tender. While beef is browning, sprinkle Worcestershire over meat.
- Add beef broth and stir to combine. Add tomato paste; stir to combine. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a slow boil and slowly stir in flour & butter roux, stirring to combine. Turn down heat and let simmer for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add sour cream and stir. Cook for an additional minute or until heated through.
Tip: This can be served over egg noddles, rice or mashed potatoes
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!