- 4 pork loin or rib chops, 3/4- to 1-inch thick
- cooking oil spray
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grind sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Countryside Couscous:
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fat-free vegetable or beef broth
- 1/4 water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and ground red (cayenne) pepper
- 1/2 (2.5 oz. pkg.) pine nuts
- 1/4 each dried apricots and cranberries, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. couscous (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Lightly spray both sides of chops with oil. Mix together seasonings. Sprinkle evenly on both sides of chops. Grill over direct heat or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 8 to 10 minutes. Chops should be slightly pink in the center. Serve with couscous.
In medium saucepan, bring all ingredients except couscous and parsley to boil over high heat. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes; stir in parsley. Makes about 5 cups.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!