- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil (or 1/2-second spray)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 slice cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion, sliced
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Combine milk, oats and salt and cook according to package instructions. While oats cook, heat small, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking oil. Add egg and cook about 3-4 minutes for runny yolk.
- Serve oatmeal topped with cheese, bacon, egg and green onion. If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with 8-ounce glass of milk.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!