- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti (8 ounce or 1/2 pound dry)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, blanched*
- Mix warm water with peanut butter until light and creamy.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, and Tabasco sauce, and blend.
- Place spaghetti in a large bowl.
- Pour peanut sauce over the noodles.
- Add tomatoes, green onions, grated carrot, and blanched broccoli.
- Toss until thoroughly coated.
- *Blanching means cooking food at a high heat for a short time.
- Stovetop: Heat 4 cups of water a pot.
- When the water boils, transfer the broccoli to the pot.
- Be careful not to splash!
- Cook for 4 minutes, then empty the broccoli into a colander to drain.
- Microwave: put broccoli and 2 tablespoons of water into a casserole dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!