- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 3 cups noodles, uncooked, 1/2 inch wide
- 1 package spinach, frozen, chopped (10 ounce)
- 1 cup cottage cheese, non-fat
- 1/2 cup cheese, part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain and rinse to remove fat.
- Add onion, tomato sauce, water, and spices. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Defrost spinach in the microwave. Stir spinach into skillet mixture. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir mixture. Spoon cottage cheese on top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if mixture gets too dry.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!