- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the salad mix, tomato, cheeses and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper; spoon over salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup over six bread slices; top with remaining bread.