Submitted by Gaye V. Ochs of Leeper, PA
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 heaping Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 med. potatoes, diced
- 1 cup cooked mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut juice
Ingredients for Noodles:
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- warm water
- Brown butter and flour in small frying pant light brown.
- Add paprika and cold water. Boil until dissolved.
- Add to boiling water. Season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and mushrooms; cook until potatoes are done.
- Add sauerkraut juice; bring to boiling point.
Directions for the Noodles:
- Combine egg and flour. Add enough warm water to make stiff dough.
- Chop dough until mixture resembles small peas. Sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking while chopping.
- Cook in boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes. Rinse in cold water; drain. Add to soup.