- 1 1/2 pounds chuck steak (boneless, 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tsp. dry or prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Cut the beef on a diagonal, across the grain into slices 1 inch wide and place in a slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Mix the meat and sauce together.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with a mixed green salad.