- 1 whole (4-5 pound) chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- lemon slices (use remaining lemon from zest)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Rinse chicken thoroughly, then pat dry with paper towels.
- In small bowl, mix together butter, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub all over chicken.
- Line bottom of slow cooker with onion and lemon slices. Pour wine over onions. Place chicken on top and cover with lid.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Carefully remove chicken and place in ovenproof dish. Put under broiler for 5 minutes to crisp and brown skin. Carve and serve.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!