- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter 13×9-inch pan; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking, 25-30 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 244°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Cut into 1 1/2×1-inch pieces; wrap candies in waxed paper. Store refrigerated.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!