- 2 cups orange juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked prepared pizza dough
- All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In large zipper-seal plastic bag, place 1 cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, one-half minced garlic and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Seal tightly; shake to combine ingredients.
- Add chicken; seal tightly and marinate refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill chicken until fully cooked; cool.
- Cut chicken into thin strips; reserve.
- In small saucepan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; sauté until soft.
- Add remaining one-half minced garlic and 1 cup orange juice; simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in barbecue sauce and simmer for 5 minutes; remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Dust counter with flour.
- Divide pizza dough in half.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out one-half of dough into rectangular shape approximately 1/8-inch thick.
- Gently place dough onto baking sheet; repeat with remaining one-half dough.
- Bake sheets of flatbread dough for 5 to 8 minutes; flip over with spatula or tongs and bake additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spread about ¾-cup barbecue sauce onto each flatbread.
- Divide chicken strips and cheese among two flatbreads; return to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
- Remove flatbreads from oven and place on cutting board; cool for about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Garnish with dollops of sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro and green onions.
- Cut and serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!