- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar , divided
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves or pieces
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 to 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray shallow baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar and warm water, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add pecans; let soak 10 minutes.
- Drain water and discard.
- Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cocoa, chili powder and cayenne powder in medium bowl.
- Add pecans; toss until all the cocoa mixture coats the pecans.
- Spread coated pecans on prepared pan.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until pecans start to glisten and appear dry.
- Stir occasionally while baking.
- Cool completely.
- Store in cool, dry place.
- Serve as a snack with beverages or sprinkle in salads.
- 1-1/2 cups coated pecans.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!