- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
In greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine onion, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
In saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Gradually add cooking juices. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken over noodles or rice. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serves 4.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!