- 6 ounces uncooked pasta (like penne, spirals, or macaroni)
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil (if you like)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 can fresh spinach or low-sodium canned spinach (chopped, well drained, about 13 oz)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (if you like)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a skillet, cook onion, and garlic in oil until onion is soft. If using basil, add that too. Add pepper strips; cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach; heat through.
- Toss in the pasta. If using Parmesan cheese, add that too. Serve immediately.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!