St. Patrick’s Day Popcorn
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 to 10 drops green food coloring
- Place popcorn in a large roasting pan; keep warm in a 250° oven.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 260° (hard-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted.
- Stir in food coloring.
- Drizzle over warm popcorn and toss to coat.
- Break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes