- 2 cups small fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- grinding of coarse black pepper
- fresh mint leaves
- Place the strawberries in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and the vinegar. Stir gently to combine. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Grind a small amount of black pepper over the berries. Spoon into small dessert bowls, pouring some of the juice from the bowl over the berries. Garnish with mint.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!