- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup diced Driscoll’s Strawberries
- 3 tablespoons coarse sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium, add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Beat in heavy cream. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries. Place sanding sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop out dough into a heaping tablespoon and gently roll into a ball.
- Dip half of cookie ball into sanding sugar and place on prepared baking sheet sugared side up.
- Repeat with remaining dough and sugar. Bake cookies 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown on bottoms, rotating cookie sheets between oven racks halfway through baking.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
STAY INFORMED. SIGN UP!
Up-to-date agriculture news in your inbox!