- 3 cups lightly sweetened toasted oat squares cereal
- 3 cups miniature no-salt-added pretzels
- 2 tablespoons acceptable margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows or dried fruit bits
Preheat oven to 325°.
In large plastic bag with tight-fitting seal, combine oat squares and pretzels. In small bowl, stir together melted margarine, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour over cereal mixture. Seal bag and gently shake mixture until well coated. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring once or twice. Spread mixture onto paper towels to cool. Add marshmallows or fruit and stir to mix. Store at room temperature in airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Microwave Method: Prepare recipe as directed above except place cereal mixture in a microwave-safe bowl or casserole dish. Microwave on 100% power (high) 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Serves 14; 1/2 cup per serving.
Sodium: 89 mg